pride hath a fall | a foolish stag | educationsza

  Pride Hath A Fall Moral Story

The story: Once there was a stag. He was thirsty. He came to a pool of water.


pride hath a fall | a foolish stag

The water was clear and calm. The stag saw his reflection. He saw his beautiful horns and admired them .

 At the same time he looked at his lean and thin legs. He despised them. He felt that he would have been a very  beautiful animal, if his legs were as beautiful as is horns.

Soon he heard the sound of hounds. He saw running towards him. He fled for his life . His legs soon carried him far away.

 He was out of danger. Then he reached a forest. He was trying to find out a hiding place somewhere. At that time his horns were caught in a bush.
 He tried his best to release himself from there but all in vain.

       Soon he was overtaken by the hounds. He was near death's door. At that time he thought , "I despised my lean and thin legs but they did their best to save me.

I admired my beautiful horns but they are the cause of my death."
They full upon him and tore him into pieces.

Moral :    1. pride hath a fall

          2. All that glitters is not gold.